Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Nick Eason: 'We're all frustrated'
A veteran of nine NFL seasons with three different teams, he is very much aware of what's going on with the Arizona Cardinals right now, and he's not going to lie and say all is well with the team.
"It's tough right now," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Any time that you lose nine games straight, for me to sit here and say 'oh everything's just great', well it's not great, and it shouldn't be.
"If you care anything about winning football games then you wouldn't be OK with losing nine games or being 4-9."
Eason said everyone, from the players to the coaches, is frustrated right now, and that while they may not express it to the media or in public, no one is happy with how things have gone this season.
That said, there is no friction in the locker room, at least in the way some believe there might be when a team is struggling like the Cardinals.
"Guys just really, at the end of the day, we just want to win games," he said. "We're together, we're not separated by all means, but guys are frustrated.
"They're frustrated because they just want to win."
The Cardinals have just three chances left to do that this season, and with the way things have been going there's a belief they won't. That's in large part because of a league-worst offense that has shown no signs of getting better.
"It's a part of the game," he said of the offense's struggles. "And you need every guy on the 53-man roster to help you to get wins.
"With that being said, we all make mistakes, and a lot of times we all don't get our jobs done."
Eason said as soon as a player starts focusing on someone else not doing their job, his own performance will suffer, so the important thing is to focus on yourself.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!