Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Nick Eason: 'We're all frustrated'
A veteran of nine NFL seasons with three different teams, he is very much aware of what's going on with the Arizona Cardinals right now, and he's not going to lie and say all is well with the team.
"It's tough right now," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Any time that you lose nine games straight, for me to sit here and say 'oh everything's just great', well it's not great, and it shouldn't be.
"If you care anything about winning football games then you wouldn't be OK with losing nine games or being 4-9."
Eason said everyone, from the players to the coaches, is frustrated right now, and that while they may not express it to the media or in public, no one is happy with how things have gone this season.
That said, there is no friction in the locker room, at least in the way some believe there might be when a team is struggling like the Cardinals.
"Guys just really, at the end of the day, we just want to win games," he said. "We're together, we're not separated by all means, but guys are frustrated.
"They're frustrated because they just want to win."
The Cardinals have just three chances left to do that this season, and with the way things have been going there's a belief they won't. That's in large part because of a league-worst offense that has shown no signs of getting better.
"It's a part of the game," he said of the offense's struggles. "And you need every guy on the 53-man roster to help you to get wins.
"With that being said, we all make mistakes, and a lot of times we all don't get our jobs done."
Eason said as soon as a player starts focusing on someone else not doing their job, his own performance will suffer, so the important thing is to focus on yourself.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.