Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Nick Eason: 'We're all frustrated'
A veteran of nine NFL seasons with three different teams, he is very much aware of what's going on with the Arizona Cardinals right now, and he's not going to lie and say all is well with the team.
"It's tough right now," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Any time that you lose nine games straight, for me to sit here and say 'oh everything's just great', well it's not great, and it shouldn't be.
"If you care anything about winning football games then you wouldn't be OK with losing nine games or being 4-9."
Eason said everyone, from the players to the coaches, is frustrated right now, and that while they may not express it to the media or in public, no one is happy with how things have gone this season.
That said, there is no friction in the locker room, at least in the way some believe there might be when a team is struggling like the Cardinals.
"Guys just really, at the end of the day, we just want to win games," he said. "We're together, we're not separated by all means, but guys are frustrated.
"They're frustrated because they just want to win."
The Cardinals have just three chances left to do that this season, and with the way things have been going there's a belief they won't. That's in large part because of a league-worst offense that has shown no signs of getting better.
"It's a part of the game," he said of the offense's struggles. "And you need every guy on the 53-man roster to help you to get wins.
"With that being said, we all make mistakes, and a lot of times we all don't get our jobs done."
Eason said as soon as a player starts focusing on someone else not doing their job, his own performance will suffer, so the important thing is to focus on yourself.
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.