Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Nick Eason: 'We're all frustrated'
A veteran of nine NFL seasons with three different teams, he is very much aware of what's going on with the Arizona Cardinals right now, and he's not going to lie and say all is well with the team.
"It's tough right now," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Any time that you lose nine games straight, for me to sit here and say 'oh everything's just great', well it's not great, and it shouldn't be.
"If you care anything about winning football games then you wouldn't be OK with losing nine games or being 4-9."
Eason said everyone, from the players to the coaches, is frustrated right now, and that while they may not express it to the media or in public, no one is happy with how things have gone this season.
That said, there is no friction in the locker room, at least in the way some believe there might be when a team is struggling like the Cardinals.
"Guys just really, at the end of the day, we just want to win games," he said. "We're together, we're not separated by all means, but guys are frustrated.
"They're frustrated because they just want to win."
The Cardinals have just three chances left to do that this season, and with the way things have been going there's a belief they won't. That's in large part because of a league-worst offense that has shown no signs of getting better.
"It's a part of the game," he said of the offense's struggles. "And you need every guy on the 53-man roster to help you to get wins.
"With that being said, we all make mistakes, and a lot of times we all don't get our jobs done."
Eason said as soon as a player starts focusing on someone else not doing their job, his own performance will suffer, so the important thing is to focus on yourself.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.