Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm
ESPN insider: All signs are pointing to Arizona coaching change
Whisenhunt, who has guided the Cardinals to a 44-49 mark over just less than six seasons on the job, has a team that is currently mired in a nine-game losing streak and coming off a historically bad defeat Sunday in Seattle.
It is for those reasons why many fans want him fired, and ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks that's exactly what's going to happen at the end of the season.
"I think the fact that this is the longest losing streak since 1944 in franchise history, the team looks like it's totally decimated with nothing at the quarterback position," he said. "I think that the way things are going right now, all signs are pointing to a change."
Clayton noted that Whisenhunt would be entering the final year of his contract in 2013, which could force the team to act.
"But based on where it's trending right now for this team, I think it's going to be very difficult, if it continues like this, for him to be back next year."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.