Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm
ESPN insider: All signs are pointing to Arizona coaching change
Whisenhunt, who has guided the Cardinals to a 44-49 mark over just less than six seasons on the job, has a team that is currently mired in a nine-game losing streak and coming off a historically bad defeat Sunday in Seattle.
It is for those reasons why many fans want him fired, and ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks that's exactly what's going to happen at the end of the season.
"I think the fact that this is the longest losing streak since 1944 in franchise history, the team looks like it's totally decimated with nothing at the quarterback position," he said. "I think that the way things are going right now, all signs are pointing to a change."
Clayton noted that Whisenhunt would be entering the final year of his contract in 2013, which could force the team to act.
"But based on where it's trending right now for this team, I think it's going to be very difficult, if it continues like this, for him to be back next year."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!