Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm
ESPN insider: All signs are pointing to Arizona coaching change
Whisenhunt, who has guided the Cardinals to a 44-49 mark over just less than six seasons on the job, has a team that is currently mired in a nine-game losing streak and coming off a historically bad defeat Sunday in Seattle.
It is for those reasons why many fans want him fired, and ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks that's exactly what's going to happen at the end of the season.
"I think the fact that this is the longest losing streak since 1944 in franchise history, the team looks like it's totally decimated with nothing at the quarterback position," he said. "I think that the way things are going right now, all signs are pointing to a change."
Clayton noted that Whisenhunt would be entering the final year of his contract in 2013, which could force the team to act.
"But based on where it's trending right now for this team, I think it's going to be very difficult, if it continues like this, for him to be back next year."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.