Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN analyst: 'You better get your QB first and foremost'
The Cardinals lost to the Seahawks by a score of 58-0. They turned the ball over eight times and gained 154 yards of total offense.
"When you get games like this, they're literally impossible to explain," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals' quarterback situation plays a role, though, as both John Skelton and Ryan Lindley struggled to do anything positive in Arizona's ninth-straight loss.
"It seems to be a continuation of a problem that has existed for years," Jaworski said.
The analyst noted how this is the time of year when discussions turn to which coaches are on the hot seat and which are likely on their way out. However, he believes it's not so much about the guy calling the plays as the one executing them on the field.
Indeed, a top-flight quarterback can make a coach look good, just as struggles at the position could make a good coach look bad.
"If you don't have that guy, if you don't find that guy, if you don't make the total commitment to get that guy you have no chance for long-term success," Jaworski said. "You might get lucky every once in a while and have a good year, but long-term success depends on a consistent, rock-solid guy under center."
The Cardinals would seem to fit the bill, as they got "lucky" with Kurt Warner but have struggled to find a replacement since the former MVP retired in January 2010.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.