Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
New Cardinals QB Hoyer learning as fast as he can
A fourth-year pro out of Michigan State, Hoyer has played in 13 NFL games -- all with the New England Patriots -- completing 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Cardinals were looking for depth -- and maybe another option -- at the position. Hoyer, who was most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers, is just glad to get a chance.
"For me, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can," Hoyer said of his goal going forward.
The 27-year-old said his time with the Steelers will help, as their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, once held the same position in Arizona.
"I was only there for three weeks," he cautioned. "I was just starting to pick that stuff up."
As for playing, Hoyer said that decision is up to the coaches and he's not going to worry about it. That said, he would of course like to get a chance.
"Anyone wants to play," he said, adding he really never got a chance to play when he was in New England. "As a competitor you want to be on the field, so whatever opportunity is presented to me I want to make sure I'm as ready as I can be."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!