Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
New Cardinals QB Hoyer learning as fast as he can
A fourth-year pro out of Michigan State, Hoyer has played in 13 NFL games -- all with the New England Patriots -- completing 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Cardinals were looking for depth -- and maybe another option -- at the position. Hoyer, who was most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers, is just glad to get a chance.
"For me, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can," Hoyer said of his goal going forward.
The 27-year-old said his time with the Steelers will help, as their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, once held the same position in Arizona.
"I was only there for three weeks," he cautioned. "I was just starting to pick that stuff up."
As for playing, Hoyer said that decision is up to the coaches and he's not going to worry about it. That said, he would of course like to get a chance.
"Anyone wants to play," he said, adding he really never got a chance to play when he was in New England. "As a competitor you want to be on the field, so whatever opportunity is presented to me I want to make sure I'm as ready as I can be."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.