Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
New Cardinals QB Hoyer learning as fast as he can
A fourth-year pro out of Michigan State, Hoyer has played in 13 NFL games -- all with the New England Patriots -- completing 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Cardinals were looking for depth -- and maybe another option -- at the position. Hoyer, who was most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers, is just glad to get a chance.
"For me, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can," Hoyer said of his goal going forward.
The 27-year-old said his time with the Steelers will help, as their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, once held the same position in Arizona.
"I was only there for three weeks," he cautioned. "I was just starting to pick that stuff up."
As for playing, Hoyer said that decision is up to the coaches and he's not going to worry about it. That said, he would of course like to get a chance.
"Anyone wants to play," he said, adding he really never got a chance to play when he was in New England. "As a competitor you want to be on the field, so whatever opportunity is presented to me I want to make sure I'm as ready as I can be."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.