Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:15 pm
Cardinals' Ryan Lindley will start at QB vs. Lions
"We're going to go with Ryan (Lindley) this week, that's where we ended the game last week," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He's gotten some experience and you'd like to think that we could progress from that experience and hopefully he'll play well in this game and we'll get an opportunity to see that Sunday."
This will be Lindley's second crack at the starting spot. The former sixth-round pick got his first start in Week 11 against the St. Louis Rams and also got the nod for Arizona's Week 12 loss to the New York Jets.
"It's another opportunity," Lindley said following Wednesday's practice. "You've got to look at it as a blessing to play the game, to get an opportunity to go out there and play with these guys."
Veteran John Skelton started last Sunday at Seattle before being replaced by Lindley in the third quarter of a 58-0 loss.
For the season, Lindley has completed 58-of-120 passes for 507 yards with five interceptions.
"Really, at this point, you've just got to let loose and have some fun with it, and go out and try to win a game," Lindley said.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against Detroit riding a nine-game losing streak. The Lions have lost five straight.
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- Pulling off upset in Seattle a long shot for developing Cardinals
- Week 16 Injury Report: Cardinals at Seahawks
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 18
- MMQB: Cardinals' Todd Bowles considered among top minority head coaching candidates
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16It’s Paul’s Call with Paul Calvisi!