Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:15 pm
Cardinals' Ryan Lindley will start at QB vs. Lions
"We're going to go with Ryan (Lindley) this week, that's where we ended the game last week," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "He's gotten some experience and you'd like to think that we could progress from that experience and hopefully he'll play well in this game and we'll get an opportunity to see that Sunday."
This will be Lindley's second crack at the starting spot. The former sixth-round pick got his first start in Week 11 against the St. Louis Rams and also got the nod for Arizona's Week 12 loss to the New York Jets.
"It's another opportunity," Lindley said following Wednesday's practice. "You've got to look at it as a blessing to play the game, to get an opportunity to go out there and play with these guys."
Veteran John Skelton started last Sunday at Seattle before being replaced by Lindley in the third quarter of a 58-0 loss.
For the season, Lindley has completed 58-of-120 passes for 507 yards with five interceptions.
"Really, at this point, you've just got to let loose and have some fun with it, and go out and try to win a game," Lindley said.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against Detroit riding a nine-game losing streak. The Lions have lost five straight.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.