Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 2:58 pm
Cardinals place QB Kevin Kolb on injured reserve
The roster move ends Kolb's once-promising season. After losing the starting job to John Skelton in the preseason, Kolb replaced the injured Skelton in an opening day win over Seattle in which he engineered the game-winning touchdown drive.
Kolb would then start the next five games but was injured in a Week 6 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
"It's upsetting and disappointing with where we started and the way that the season kicked off, to be in this position," Kolb said of the move.
For the season, Kolb completed 109-of-183 passes for 1,169 yards, eight touchdowns and three interceptions.
He said he hoped all along to play again this season, but at some point "kind of hit a wall with my rehab", which led to an MRI that showed his ribs were not healing fast enough to get back on the field.
In two seasons with Arizona, Kolb was only able to play in 15 of a possible 32 games due to various injuries, and there are thoughts that he may have played his last game as a Cardinal. He hopes that's not the case.
"I feel like we did some really good things," the quarterback said. "I like the way this locker room is, I really do."
Kolb said he knows the team will have to make some adjustments, but he has no thoughts of playing anywhere else next season.
"My focus is being a part of this team for a long time and being the best player that I can be and getting this place back to an elite level," he said. "I'm going to work my tail off to make sure I get there."
In a corresponding roster move, the Cardinals signed offensive lineman Mike Gibson. Gibson played with the Seattle Seahawks from 2009 to 2011 and was with the Philadelphia Eagles in training camp this season before being released.
He was a sixth round pick of the Eagles in 2008.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!