Report: Guard Mike Gibson to join Cardinals
Center Lyle Sendlein tore the MCL in his left knee during the team's Week 12 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
With Sendlein -- who had previously started 80 straight games -- forced to the sidelines for the remainder of the season, Ken Whisenhunt has relied on third-year veteran Rich Ohrnberger to start at center during the team's past two contests.
Ohrnberger, who had played in all 13 games this season, injured his knee in the Cardinals' 58-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday and was placed on injured reserve Monday. Arizona replaced his roster spot with veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer, but still wanted some depth over the final three games. And from the looks of it, they may have found it Tuesday.
News: Cardinals signed OG-C Mike Gibson to help their horribly leaky offensive line today.— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) December 11, 2012
Gibson, a former sixth-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, has played in just 17 career NFL games. The guard last appeared with the Seattle Seahawks during the 2010 season.
Gibson was previously cut by the Eagles in training camp.
I'm backů glad to be apart of a team again. I am happy to be apart of the AZ cardinals organization.. #GoCards— Mike Gibson (@gibysmalls) December 12, 2012
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.