Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 9:47 am
Report: Guard Mike Gibson to join Cardinals
Center Lyle Sendlein tore the MCL in his left knee during the team's Week 12 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
With Sendlein -- who had previously started 80 straight games -- forced to the sidelines for the remainder of the season, Ken Whisenhunt has relied on third-year veteran Rich Ohrnberger to start at center during the team's past two contests.
Ohrnberger, who had played in all 13 games this season, injured his knee in the Cardinals' 58-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday and was placed on injured reserve Monday. Arizona replaced his roster spot with veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer, but still wanted some depth over the final three games. And from the looks of it, they may have found it Tuesday.
News: Cardinals signed OG-C Mike Gibson to help their horribly leaky offensive line today.— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) December 11, 2012
Gibson, a former sixth-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, has played in just 17 career NFL games. The guard last appeared with the Seattle Seahawks during the 2010 season.
Gibson was previously cut by the Eagles in training camp.
I'm back… glad to be apart of a team again. I am happy to be apart of the AZ cardinals organization.. #GoCards— Mike Gibson (@gibysmalls) December 12, 2012
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi