Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals claim QB Brian Hoyer on waivers
Hoyer, a fourth-year pro from Michigan State, was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. In his NFL career with New England and Pittsburgh, Hoyer has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He's played in 13 NFL contests (only one in the last two seasons) and has not started a game in the league.
Hoyer started for more than two seasons at Michigan State, throwing for 6,159 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The Cardinals have had their quarterback issues this season with Kevin Kolb missing the last seven games with a rib injury. Veteran John Skelton and rookie sixth-round draft choice Ryan Lindley have struggled mightily in his absence. The duo has combined for two touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in that span.
To make room for Hoyer, center Rich Ohrnberger was placed on injured reserve. Ohrnberger suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up