Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Bidwill: Whisenhunt to remain coach for rest of 2012 season
Speaking to a small handful of reporters Monday afternoon, team president Michael Bidwill addressed Whisenhunt's status and at least for the next three games, it looks as though he will remain the team's head coach.
Cards president Michael Bidwill says Ken Whisenhunt will be coach for rest of season.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) December 10, 2012
Whisenhunt, who led the team to its only Super Bowl appearance in 2008, has a record of 44-49 in his six seasons in Arizona.
Despite his early success with the organization, the team has failed to make the playoffs each of the last three seasons, and in that span has had losing streaks of six, seven and nine games.
Here's more from Bidwill on how the front office plans to evaluate Whisenhunt and his staff moving forward:
Tm Pres Michael Bidwill: "There is a lot of emotion around what happened ystrday but I don't intend to make any decision based on emotion."— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) December 10, 2012
More Michael Bidwill: "I want the ability to look at a complete set of facts and evaluate what went wrong."— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) December 10, 2012
More Michael Bidwill: "We are living and dying with each of these losses and it's extremely hard to watch."— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) December 10, 2012
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.