Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Dockett on faith in Whisenhunt: 'No comment'
Speculation is running wild on a couple of fronts. First, whether or not the Cardinals quit on head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who's coaching seat got noticeably hotter following the loss.
"I can't comment on that, I have no comment," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said Monday when asked about whether the confidence in Whisenhunt has faded in recent weeks .
Dockett was fined a hefty amount by the Cardinals organization last week for his part in an on-field disagreement with teammate Kerry Rhodes over a directive from the coaching staff to let the New York Jets score in the latter stages of the game. Dockett disagreed with the instructions, but it was for naught because Jets running back Shonn Greene fell down on his own short of the goal line, killing the clock in an ugly 7-6 win.
Dockett also started the game on the bench as a result, and played in only 55% of the snaps on defense.
Following the discipline, Dockett was asked if he's still happy wearing Cardinal red.
"I don't know, I don't know," he responded. "I'm a hell of a competitor, I love what I do, I take what I do serious and I hold a lot of guys accountable and whatever situation comes my way, I'll be prepared for it."
There were many who witnessed the game Sunday that believe the Arizona Cardinals quit as a football team. That group includes Larry Fitzgerald's father, who made the proclamation on Twitter at halftime of the blowout loss.
"That's his opinion, I can't speak for no one else, I only can speak for Darnell Dockett," he said. "I can only say I didn't quit, and that's the best way I can put it."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.