Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Dockett on faith in Whisenhunt: 'No comment'
Speculation is running wild on a couple of fronts. First, whether or not the Cardinals quit on head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who's coaching seat got noticeably hotter following the loss.
"I can't comment on that, I have no comment," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said Monday when asked about whether the confidence in Whisenhunt has faded in recent weeks .
Dockett was fined a hefty amount by the Cardinals organization last week for his part in an on-field disagreement with teammate Kerry Rhodes over a directive from the coaching staff to let the New York Jets score in the latter stages of the game. Dockett disagreed with the instructions, but it was for naught because Jets running back Shonn Greene fell down on his own short of the goal line, killing the clock in an ugly 7-6 win.
Dockett also started the game on the bench as a result, and played in only 55% of the snaps on defense.
Following the discipline, Dockett was asked if he's still happy wearing Cardinal red.
"I don't know, I don't know," he responded. "I'm a hell of a competitor, I love what I do, I take what I do serious and I hold a lot of guys accountable and whatever situation comes my way, I'll be prepared for it."
There were many who witnessed the game Sunday that believe the Arizona Cardinals quit as a football team. That group includes Larry Fitzgerald's father, who made the proclamation on Twitter at halftime of the blowout loss.
"That's his opinion, I can't speak for no one else, I only can speak for Darnell Dockett," he said. "I can only say I didn't quit, and that's the best way I can put it."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!