Dockett on faith in Whisenhunt: 'No comment'
Speculation is running wild on a couple of fronts. First, whether or not the Cardinals quit on head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who's coaching seat got noticeably hotter following the loss.
"I can't comment on that, I have no comment," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said Monday when asked about whether the confidence in Whisenhunt has faded in recent weeks .
Dockett was fined a hefty amount by the Cardinals organization last week for his part in an on-field disagreement with teammate Kerry Rhodes over a directive from the coaching staff to let the New York Jets score in the latter stages of the game. Dockett disagreed with the instructions, but it was for naught because Jets running back Shonn Greene fell down on his own short of the goal line, killing the clock in an ugly 7-6 win.
Dockett also started the game on the bench as a result, and played in only 55% of the snaps on defense.
Following the discipline, Dockett was asked if he's still happy wearing Cardinal red.
"I don't know, I don't know," he responded. "I'm a hell of a competitor, I love what I do, I take what I do serious and I hold a lot of guys accountable and whatever situation comes my way, I'll be prepared for it."
There were many who witnessed the game Sunday that believe the Arizona Cardinals quit as a football team. That group includes Larry Fitzgerald's father, who made the proclamation on Twitter at halftime of the blowout loss.
"That's his opinion, I can't speak for no one else, I only can speak for Darnell Dockett," he said. "I can only say I didn't quit, and that's the best way I can put it."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.