Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 11:47 am
The burning question: Did the Cardinals quit?
Maybe the repeated losing during a nine-game losing streak was too much to take, and the Cardinals just took their ball and went home.
One such person is Larry Fitzgerald, Sr., father of woefully underused Cardinals wide receiver and writer for the Minneapolis Spokesman-Recorder. Fitzgerald offered up this at halftime of the Cardinals' loss on Twitter:
Pathetic performance by Arizona Cardinals.38-0 Seahawks!8-5 Cardinals loss 9 straight can't do anything right.They beat this team week 1!— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) December 9, 2012
It's a serious charge, no doubt, especially when it implicates highly-paid professional athletes. One Cardinal, defensive lineman Nick Eason, did refute the accusations on Twitter:
@decaboto says we are quitters. We didnt quit. We didnt execute and make plays. It' was our worse game ever. It was embarrassing.— Nick Eason (@njeason) December 10, 2012
Embattled head coach Ken Whisenhunt also talked about that very topic at his Monday press conference.
"It wasn't effort (Sunday)," when explaining what the issues were. "It was technique, it was gap fits and you've got to give Seattle credit, they played hard but we had more mistakes defensively than we've had this whole year and when you go against a team like that, you know you can't do that.
"In watching the tape, it wasn't effort from our guys, it was mistakes, and that's not making plays."
The 58-point loss was the worst in Cardinals' history and was also the highest single-game point output in Seattle history.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.