Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 11:47 am
The burning question: Did the Cardinals quit?
Maybe the repeated losing during a nine-game losing streak was too much to take, and the Cardinals just took their ball and went home.
One such person is Larry Fitzgerald, Sr., father of woefully underused Cardinals wide receiver and writer for the Minneapolis Spokesman-Recorder. Fitzgerald offered up this at halftime of the Cardinals' loss on Twitter:
Pathetic performance by Arizona Cardinals.38-0 Seahawks!8-5 Cardinals loss 9 straight can't do anything right.They beat this team week 1!— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) December 9, 2012
It's a serious charge, no doubt, especially when it implicates highly-paid professional athletes. One Cardinal, defensive lineman Nick Eason, did refute the accusations on Twitter:
@decaboto says we are quitters. We didnt quit. We didnt execute and make plays. It' was our worse game ever. It was embarrassing.— Nick Eason (@njeason) December 10, 2012
Embattled head coach Ken Whisenhunt also talked about that very topic at his Monday press conference.
"It wasn't effort (Sunday)," when explaining what the issues were. "It was technique, it was gap fits and you've got to give Seattle credit, they played hard but we had more mistakes defensively than we've had this whole year and when you go against a team like that, you know you can't do that.
"In watching the tape, it wasn't effort from our guys, it was mistakes, and that's not making plays."
The 58-point loss was the worst in Cardinals' history and was also the highest single-game point output in Seattle history.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!