Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Huard: 'Would feel better' if QB Lindley started
The Cardinals have lost their last eight games while the Seahawks have won three of their last four.
After pulling him two weeks ago for rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley, head coach Ken Whisenhunt has named John Skelton his starting quarterback once again.
All the while, the Seahawks have been thriving with rookie sensation Russell Wilson under center.
So on paper, you would think the Seahawks have this in the bag, right?
Brock Huard, co-host of the Brock and Salk Show on 710 ESPN Seattle and former NFL quarterback, doesn't think that's the case, and the reason is Skelton.
"I don't like the fact as a Seahawk rooting desperately for the Seahawks on Sunday to keep this thing going. I don't like the fact that Skelton is getting another lease on life," Huard said on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Huard mentioned that Skelton has already started and won two games against the Seahawks in his career and feels that Sunday's game might be the quarterback's last chance to establish himself.
"If you are in his shoes, you have got to feel like, and his significant other and his agent and his family have got to be making sure he knows what an opportunity he has," Huard said. "You don't know if you are ever going to get one of these again if you're John Skelton."
Huard said that he "would feel better if it was Lindley quarterbacking" and that he was "surprised" that the Cardinals ever started him.
"To me, from a far in studying him collegiately and everything else, he was a nice player in college but he had a long ways to go before he started," Huard said. "I thought that was a move of desperation by [Ken] Whisenhunt."
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.