Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Huard: 'Would feel better' if QB Lindley started
The Cardinals have lost their last eight games while the Seahawks have won three of their last four.
After pulling him two weeks ago for rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley, head coach Ken Whisenhunt has named John Skelton his starting quarterback once again.
All the while, the Seahawks have been thriving with rookie sensation Russell Wilson under center.
So on paper, you would think the Seahawks have this in the bag, right?
Brock Huard, co-host of the Brock and Salk Show on 710 ESPN Seattle and former NFL quarterback, doesn't think that's the case, and the reason is Skelton.
"I don't like the fact as a Seahawk rooting desperately for the Seahawks on Sunday to keep this thing going. I don't like the fact that Skelton is getting another lease on life," Huard said on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Huard mentioned that Skelton has already started and won two games against the Seahawks in his career and feels that Sunday's game might be the quarterback's last chance to establish himself.
"If you are in his shoes, you have got to feel like, and his significant other and his agent and his family have got to be making sure he knows what an opportunity he has," Huard said. "You don't know if you are ever going to get one of these again if you're John Skelton."
Huard said that he "would feel better if it was Lindley quarterbacking" and that he was "surprised" that the Cardinals ever started him.
"To me, from a far in studying him collegiately and everything else, he was a nice player in college but he had a long ways to go before he started," Huard said. "I thought that was a move of desperation by [Ken] Whisenhunt."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.