Prescott submits proposal to host Arizona Cardinals camp
The City of Prescott submitted a proposal Friday to become the new host of the Arizona Cardinals training camp.
In the proposal, the city said it was working in cooperation with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and others to bring the team to Prescott, whose three-year deal with Northern Arizona University expired at the conclusion of the 2012 camp.
"Our goal is to provide a new, permanent summer home for the Cardinals as part of a sports complex that would offer nearly year-round opportunities for youth and amateur sports events and camps," said David Maurer, Prescott Chamber CEO in a press release. "Until the sports complex is built, Embry-Riddle would house the training camp for at least one year."
Earlier this week, the team requested the city of Glendale consider hosting the team's camp.
The Cardinals have held camp at NAU for the past 25 years.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves