Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Report: Darnell Dockett fined $200,000 for spat with Kerry Rhodes
Unfortunately for Dockett, the organization apparently wasn't as content to simply move on from the situation.
I'm hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) December 7, 2012
The fine will be the fourth of Dockett's career.
In 2011, he incurred a $15,000 fine for a late hit on former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Mike Williams. In 2010, he was docked $5,000 for using Twitter less than 90 minutes before kick-off in the team's Week 1 win over the St. Louis Rams. Six weeks later, Dockett was again forced to open his check book for $7,500 dollars after pressing his elbow in the neck area of then-Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselback.
If the team hands down any sort of in-game suspension, it would be the first of its kind in the three-time Pro Bowler's career.
Dockett was last suspended in college for Florida State's 2003 Sugar Bowl Game against Georgia.
But from the looks of it, we might not have heard the last from Dockett on this situation.
He tweeted this out Friday night:
Thank God for the @nflpa that's all I got to say... "I ain't got no worries"— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) December 8, 2012
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back at practice, must pass one more test to play
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson 'fired up' about opportunity to play in must-win game
- Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington: Coach Arians 'using me at perfect times'
- ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Andre Ellington excels after contact, Rashard Mendenhall not so much
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 19The Cardinals found a way to beat the Titans on Sunday.
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday December 19The challenge of playing in Seattle and how he is happy Coach Arians has his back.
- Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst - Thursday December 19Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers