Horton on Russell Wilson: 'He is impressive'
At the beginning of the season, the undersized rookie from Wisconsin was overshadowed by fellow first-year signal callers Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. However entering Week 14, Wilson finds himself competing with them for the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
"He is impressive," Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton said of Wilson.
The Cardinals beat Wilson in the season opener, but Horton knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to do it again.
"Obviously we played him in the first game, I saw all his preseason games, saw all his regular season games and (he is) tremendous," Horton said. "Real accurate with the ball, makes a ton of plays with his feet, has command of the offense and if you didn't know he was a rookie you wouldn't think he was."
Horton feels that Wilson's mobility is one of the key reasons the former Badger is so hard to stop.
"He just trusts it more and he just makes so many plays that a less mobile quarterback wouldn't be able to make," Horton said.
This time last season, the Seahawks were 5-7 and looking at the playoff picture from a far. However this season, they are 7-5 and appear to be front runners for a wildcard spot.
According to Horton, Wilson is the reason the Seahawks have gotten so much better.
"I think it is everything. Last year they had a mobile, athletic quarterback in (Tarvaris) Jackson, but they didn't go far," Horton said. "I would put all of it on him (Wilson)."
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Patriots TE Gronkowski undergoes back surgery
- Cardinals rookie class to be recognized before D-backs game
- Football writers honor Colts coach Chuck Pagano
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br