Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 8:01 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Kerry Rhodes on Dockett argument: 'We're past it'
Kerry Rhodes is not holding a grudge against teammate Darnell Dockett after an on-field incident occurred between the two at the end of Sunday's loss to the New York Jets.
"It is what it is. It was just something that happened in the heat of the moment for us," Rhodes told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage on Thursday.
Dockett apologized to Rhodes on Wednesday for the argument that transpired between the two.
It is believed Dockett was upset with the decision to allow the Jets to score at the end of the game so the Cardinals could get the ball back and go for the winning touchdown.
The Cardinals were down 7-6 and the only way they could regain possession was on a turnover or a Jets score. The issue became moot when the Jets downed the ball at Arizona's 1-yard line and New York ran out the clock.
Rhodes did not divulge any specifics of the argument between the two but he said the issue is behind them and they are both ready to move forward.
"We had a disagreement on the field and as two grown men, two adults, you have those a lot and especially as teammates," Rhodes said. "We're past it. There's really nothing to it."
Rhodes had two interceptions, a forced fumble and six tackles against the Jets. Dockett was credited with four tackles and half a sack in the loss.
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- Pulling off upset in Seattle a long shot for developing Cardinals
- Week 16 Injury Report: Cardinals at Seahawks
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 18
- MMQB: Cardinals' Todd Bowles considered among top minority head coaching candidates
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16It’s Paul’s Call with Paul Calvisi!