Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:05 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should bring Kolb back, but must find a QB
Acquired by the team prior to the 2011 season, he has struggled with consistency and injuries, and even lost the starting job coming into the 2012 season.
However, the 28-year-old played well in relief of an injured John Skelton, leading some to believe he still could be the team's answer at the quarterback position.
Others feel the team should part ways with the signal caller, as it would not be wise to rely on a player who can't seem to stay on the field.
"Yeah, sure you bring Kevin back," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think he's a seasoned guy that has value."
Kolb has played in 15 games for the Cardinals over two seasons -- with 14 starts -- throwing for 3,124 yards to go along with 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
That may mean selecting one in the draft.
"Clearly, looking down the road the Cardinals can't get someone else's retread, someone else's discard," Jaworski said. "They've got to get a quarterback that they fall in love with, that they're going to coach up, and he's going to be their quarterback for the next decade."
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.