Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:05 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should bring Kolb back, but must find a QB
Acquired by the team prior to the 2011 season, he has struggled with consistency and injuries, and even lost the starting job coming into the 2012 season.
However, the 28-year-old played well in relief of an injured John Skelton, leading some to believe he still could be the team's answer at the quarterback position.
Others feel the team should part ways with the signal caller, as it would not be wise to rely on a player who can't seem to stay on the field.
"Yeah, sure you bring Kevin back," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think he's a seasoned guy that has value."
Kolb has played in 15 games for the Cardinals over two seasons -- with 14 starts -- throwing for 3,124 yards to go along with 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
That may mean selecting one in the draft.
"Clearly, looking down the road the Cardinals can't get someone else's retread, someone else's discard," Jaworski said. "They've got to get a quarterback that they fall in love with, that they're going to coach up, and he's going to be their quarterback for the next decade."
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.