Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Darnell Dockett: I've got no issues with Kerry (Rhodes)
December 5, 2012: Dockett apologizes for incident at end of game Sunday
Darnell Dockett is sorry.
He is sorry for what happened between him and teammate Kerry Rhodes.
"Me and Kerry had a very heated argument at a very heatful time in the game," he said following practice Wednesday. "Some things (happened) between me and him. I apologized to Kerry. Kerry forgave me; and that's it. I look at Kerry as one of my brothers. I respect him. I've got no issues with Kerry."
Dockett though did have an issue with what was being asked of him at the time, which led to the argument.
"It was a situation that we totally didn't agree on," he said.
Dockett would not go into specifics but it's clear from listening to the nine-year veteran, he did not agree with the strategy to let the Jets score on purpose in order for the Cardinals to get the ball back.
"It was something I don't believe in, something I didn't understand. It was frustrating at the time," he said. "At the end of the day I am never, never going to lay down and quit. I've been playing football for over 20 years. I've given this organization, I've given Florida State, I've given my high school everything I've got. I love the game. I play with passion. I will never quit. I love what I do."
The question now is whether Dockett faces any discipline.
"I don't know," he said. "I can't control that. Any time I get on the field I'm going to play my ass off. Whatever decision is whatever. It's out of my hands."
"That's an in-house matter," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've handled it in-house and we're going to move forward."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.