Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Darnell Dockett: I've got no issues with Kerry (Rhodes)
December 5, 2012: Dockett apologizes for incident at end of game Sunday
Darnell Dockett is sorry.
He is sorry for what happened between him and teammate Kerry Rhodes.
"Me and Kerry had a very heated argument at a very heatful time in the game," he said following practice Wednesday. "Some things (happened) between me and him. I apologized to Kerry. Kerry forgave me; and that's it. I look at Kerry as one of my brothers. I respect him. I've got no issues with Kerry."
Dockett though did have an issue with what was being asked of him at the time, which led to the argument.
"It was a situation that we totally didn't agree on," he said.
Dockett would not go into specifics but it's clear from listening to the nine-year veteran, he did not agree with the strategy to let the Jets score on purpose in order for the Cardinals to get the ball back.
"It was something I don't believe in, something I didn't understand. It was frustrating at the time," he said. "At the end of the day I am never, never going to lay down and quit. I've been playing football for over 20 years. I've given this organization, I've given Florida State, I've given my high school everything I've got. I love the game. I play with passion. I will never quit. I love what I do."
The question now is whether Dockett faces any discipline.
"I don't know," he said. "I can't control that. Any time I get on the field I'm going to play my ass off. Whatever decision is whatever. It's out of my hands."
"That's an in-house matter," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've handled it in-house and we're going to move forward."
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.