Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Darnell Dockett: I've got no issues with Kerry (Rhodes)
December 5, 2012: Dockett apologizes for incident at end of game Sunday
Darnell Dockett is sorry.
He is sorry for what happened between him and teammate Kerry Rhodes.
"Me and Kerry had a very heated argument at a very heatful time in the game," he said following practice Wednesday. "Some things (happened) between me and him. I apologized to Kerry. Kerry forgave me; and that's it. I look at Kerry as one of my brothers. I respect him. I've got no issues with Kerry."
Dockett though did have an issue with what was being asked of him at the time, which led to the argument.
"It was a situation that we totally didn't agree on," he said.
Dockett would not go into specifics but it's clear from listening to the nine-year veteran, he did not agree with the strategy to let the Jets score on purpose in order for the Cardinals to get the ball back.
"It was something I don't believe in, something I didn't understand. It was frustrating at the time," he said. "At the end of the day I am never, never going to lay down and quit. I've been playing football for over 20 years. I've given this organization, I've given Florida State, I've given my high school everything I've got. I love the game. I play with passion. I will never quit. I love what I do."
The question now is whether Dockett faces any discipline.
"I don't know," he said. "I can't control that. Any time I get on the field I'm going to play my ass off. Whatever decision is whatever. It's out of my hands."
"That's an in-house matter," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've handled it in-house and we're going to move forward."
- ESPN's Brock Huard says Seattle Seahawks' vulnerabilities are running game, penalties
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 20
- Double Coverage: Arizona Cardinals vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Marshawn Lynch presents another big challenge for Arizona Cardinals defense
- The biggest story was Carson Palmer, and here's why
- Brock Huard, ESPN Seattle analyst - Friday December 20Huard joins Burns & Gambo to talk about this Sundays Cardinals and Seahwaks game.
- Kurt Warner, former Cardinals QB - Friday December 20Kurt Warner talks about the improving Carson Palmer and the Cards' chances of making the playoffs.
- Wolf's 5 Star Games - Friday December 20Wolf gives his top 5 NFL games for this weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 20Wolf gives factors in the Cardinals upcoming game in Seattle.
- Michael Bidwell, President AZ Cardinals - Friday December 20The AZ Cardinals President discusses the upcoming game in Seattle.