Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Darnell Dockett: I've got no issues with Kerry (Rhodes)
December 5, 2012: Dockett apologizes for incident at end of game Sunday
Darnell Dockett is sorry.
He is sorry for what happened between him and teammate Kerry Rhodes.
"Me and Kerry had a very heated argument at a very heatful time in the game," he said following practice Wednesday. "Some things (happened) between me and him. I apologized to Kerry. Kerry forgave me; and that's it. I look at Kerry as one of my brothers. I respect him. I've got no issues with Kerry."
Dockett though did have an issue with what was being asked of him at the time, which led to the argument.
"It was a situation that we totally didn't agree on," he said.
Dockett would not go into specifics but it's clear from listening to the nine-year veteran, he did not agree with the strategy to let the Jets score on purpose in order for the Cardinals to get the ball back.
"It was something I don't believe in, something I didn't understand. It was frustrating at the time," he said. "At the end of the day I am never, never going to lay down and quit. I've been playing football for over 20 years. I've given this organization, I've given Florida State, I've given my high school everything I've got. I love the game. I play with passion. I will never quit. I love what I do."
The question now is whether Dockett faces any discipline.
"I don't know," he said. "I can't control that. Any time I get on the field I'm going to play my ass off. Whatever decision is whatever. It's out of my hands."
"That's an in-house matter," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We've handled it in-house and we're going to move forward."
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?