Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 10:33 am
Patrick Peterson among NFL's most versatile players
However, the second-year pro can do so much more, which was recognized in an ESPN Insider piece presenting the 'NFL's 10 most versatile players'.
Peterson has great ball awareness and ball skills at cornerback and is probably the best punt returner in the league right now. With four punt returns for touchdowns last season, teams have kicked away from him this season, but he remains a threat. As a corner, Peterson is long-armed, has great recovery speed and is tough. He has a sense of where the ball is when his back is turned, but he is still too loose in his hips and peeks into the backfield too much. He'll get beat by guys because he is not playing the proper technique, but most of the time, his talent makes up for some fundamental issues that he can improve upon.
For the season, Peterson has five interceptions to go along with 39 tackles, though he has yet to reach the end zone on a pick or punt return, and he's averaging nearly half as many yards per return as he did last season.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.