Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 3:34 pm
Todd Heap released by Cardinals
Heap has been bothered by a knee injury suffered in Week 2 in a win over the New England Patriots and hasn't played since.
In two games this season, Heap caught eight passes for 94 yards. In his injury-plagued two-season stint with Arizona, Heap had 32 receptions for 377 yards and and one touchdown in only 12 games.
The veteran from Mesa Mountain View High School and Arizona State University has 499 catches for 5,869 yards and 42 touchdowns in his 12-year career.
Heap will be replaced on the roster by tight end Kory Sperry, who the Cardinals signed Tuesday. Sperry spent the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers but was released following training camp in August.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.