Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 3:34 pm
Todd Heap released by Cardinals
Heap has been bothered by a knee injury suffered in Week 2 in a win over the New England Patriots and hasn't played since.
In two games this season, Heap caught eight passes for 94 yards. In his injury-plagued two-season stint with Arizona, Heap had 32 receptions for 377 yards and and one touchdown in only 12 games.
The veteran from Mesa Mountain View High School and Arizona State University has 499 catches for 5,869 yards and 42 touchdowns in his 12-year career.
Heap will be replaced on the roster by tight end Kory Sperry, who the Cardinals signed Tuesday. Sperry spent the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers but was released following training camp in August.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?