Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 10:17 am
Cardinals consider leaving Flagstaff training site
The team has issued a request to Glendale on proposals to host training camp beginning in summer 2013.
Julie Frisoni with the City of Glendale said they have until Friday to give the team a plan.
"The Cardinals have had a sellout every game since they moved to their new stadium in Glendale in 2006," said Frisoni. "Certainly if it makes sense to host the training camp as well, it's something that we would definitely want to look into."
Members of the Glendale City Council are meeting this afternoon to discuss the possible move. Frisoni said cost is the top priority.
"We obviously have to look at all the benefits that hosting an event of this magnitude would bring."
Glendale is facing big budget issues after the council approved a $300 million deal to keep the Coyotes. The city will have to cut almost $20 million and 200 jobs within the next five years.
Frisoni said Glendale isn't the only Valley city on the Cardinals' list, in addition to the possibility the team could remain in Flagstaff.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett