Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Cardinals brass discussing coaching position?
The Cardinals have lost eight consecutive games and every shred of momentum that was built during a 4-0 start is now a distant memory.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com circulated a report Monday that the Cardinals are having internal discussions about defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Given that the team's defense has had little to do with the team's eight-game losing streak, the fair inference is that the Cards are considering firing coach Ken Whisenhunt and promoting Horton to interim head coach.
Horton interviewed for St. Louis' head coaching position last season before the Rams settled on Jeff Fisher, and is expected to be a candidate for openings around the league this offseason.
Under Horton's watch this season, the Cardinals defense ranks seventh in the league.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up