Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Cardinals brass discussing coaching position?
The Cardinals have lost eight consecutive games and every shred of momentum that was built during a 4-0 start is now a distant memory.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com circulated a report Monday that the Cardinals are having internal discussions about defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Given that the team's defense has had little to do with the team's eight-game losing streak, the fair inference is that the Cards are considering firing coach Ken Whisenhunt and promoting Horton to interim head coach.
Horton interviewed for St. Louis' head coaching position last season before the Rams settled on Jeff Fisher, and is expected to be a candidate for openings around the league this offseason.
Under Horton's watch this season, the Cardinals defense ranks seventh in the league.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.