Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Cardinals brass discussing coaching position?
The Cardinals have lost eight consecutive games and every shred of momentum that was built during a 4-0 start is now a distant memory.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com circulated a report Monday that the Cardinals are having internal discussions about defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Given that the team's defense has had little to do with the team's eight-game losing streak, the fair inference is that the Cards are considering firing coach Ken Whisenhunt and promoting Horton to interim head coach.
Horton interviewed for St. Louis' head coaching position last season before the Rams settled on Jeff Fisher, and is expected to be a candidate for openings around the league this offseason.
Under Horton's watch this season, the Cardinals defense ranks seventh in the league.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.