Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:37 pm
Lenon on losing streak: ‘You can't force things'
During his 12 year NFL career, he has been on plenty of successful teams and even more teams that have struggled, much like the 2012 Arizona Cardinals.
Lenon joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and talked about what it takes to be a good team and what the Cardinals must do to end their losing streak.
"What you want to try to do is be consistent throughout the entire game," Lenon said. "That is really the difference between the teams that win and the teams that lose games. There is a lack of consistency."
Lenon explained that being consistent means "being the same guy, not only every game, but every practice."
What makes the Cardinals' losing streak most disappointing is the fact that Lenon and the defense have been rather consistent this season.
"It is definitely frustrating to work as hard as you work and come up empty handed on Sunday," Lenon said. "But I think if you are a true competitor and a professional, you go out that and play a certain way regardless."
Because the Cardinals have come up short in each of the past eight games, Lenon thinks the most important thing for the Cardinals to do is to stay focused on doing their responsibilities.
"You can't force things to happen," Lenon said. "You still have to continue to play technique, sound football."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.