Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Dan Williams says Ray Horton's scheme is reason for success
"I just think that he has us very prepared, the way he breaks down film, he breaks down teams and tells us their tendencies," defensive tackle Dan Williams said of Horton. "It makes your job a little easier to have a coach that really breaks down film well."
The Cardinals limited the Jets to just seven points and 289 yards of offense, and forced four turnovers on the day.
Williams tallied a team-leading 10 tackles against New York, including six solo stops.
"Coach Horton had a great game plan coming into the game; I think for the most part we did do a good job executing the game plan," Williams said. "The Jets made a few good plays but for the most part we stuck with Coach Horton's game plan and it worked out good for us. We just didn't get the W."
Even dating back to the end of last season Horton's name has appeared in rumors and conversations regarding head coaching positions. His game planning and scheme on the defensive side of the ball have made him an attractive target.
"If you look at it, you pretty much know what the other team is going to do and he just does a great job," said Williams. "The whole defensive staff, they do a great job of preparing us each week."
The Cardinals rank seventh in total team defense and third in passing defense, with the only real negative being the run defense, which ranks 24th in the NFL allowing nearly 129 yards rushing per game.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.