Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals' Kerry Rhodes: We're not perfect either
December 3, 2012: Defensive players insist no locker room discord
No one would fault the Arizona Cardinals defense if there was some anger or resentment towards their counterparts on the other side of the football.
The defense has done its job, for the most part. The offense -- 95 total points (11.8 avg.) during the eight-game losing streak, has not.
Yet, you won't find any finger pointing in the Cardinals' locker room. They remain one solid unit.
"I think it's what you do," Kerry Rhodes said. "We're in this together as a team."
But it can't be easy, especially as of late.
The defense has forced 11 turnovers in the last three games. The offense, however, has shown very little from that good fortune. Only a field goal was scored off of four turnovers at the Jets Sunday.
"We've invested so much in this year to do what we can do and try to be the best we can," Rhodes said. "We know the offense is doing that. We're doing that as well. We're not perfect on the defensive side of the ball either. Until we have a perfect game and we shut somebody out and they have zero yards, then we can't say anything."
Dan Williams, coming off one of his better games as a pro, agreed.
"As a defense," he said, "we know our job is to keep the other team from scoring. No matter what, we have to keep those guys out of the end zone or from getting field goals; just try to keep the score at zero if we can."
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett