Cardinals' Dockett involved in incident with Kerry Rhodes
When asked about the matter on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt would not divulge much information.
"We generally prefer to keep internal matters like that within the team and not discuss them publicly," he said. "I think we're going to continue to do that going forward."
Sources close to the situation say that Dockett reportedly spit in Rhodes' face late in the game as the Jets were nearing the Cardinals' goal line.
The same sources indicate that Dockett could be facing a one-game suspension without pay for his part in the incident.
Tuesday morning, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com wrote a blog post including a quote from Rhodes who says Dockett didn't spit in his face, but there was an incident.
Rhodes was arguably the best defensive player in the game, collecting a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble to go along with six tackles.
The Cardinals lost the game to the New York Jets by a score of 7-6. It is Arizona's eighth-straight loss following four consecutive wins to begin the season.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?