Updated Dec 1, 2012 - 5:26 pm
Analyst: Have little faith in Sanchez, but less in Lindley
Not only did he throw four interceptions on the day, Lindley of course also became a footnote, as cornerback Janoris Jenkins became the first rookie in Rams history to return two interceptions back for touchdowns in the same game.
Combine that with the fact he completed less than 60-percent of his passes and failed to connect with Larry Fitzgerald after the first quarter, and it's safe to say things cannot get much worse for Lindley over the final five weeks of the season.
Nonetheless, it's important when evaluating the 23-year-old to remember that he's less than a year removed from San Diego State, and that rarely are sixth-round selections anything more than projects during their rookie season.
Speaking on the Football Today Podcast, Tucker was asked to address the Cardinals' game Sunday against the New York Jets and wasted little time going after Arizona's rookie quarterback.
"I don't have a ton of faith in Mark Sanchez, but I have less in Ryan Lindley," Tucker said. "Watching that guy play against the Rams, he threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen in the NFL.
"Those interceptions were just awful."
Lindley was not known for his accuracy coming out of college, and that will definitely be a point of emphasis over the final few weeks of the season. With that said, taking shots at a quarterback with 72 career attempts is a bit much.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.