Analyst: Have little faith in Sanchez, but less in Lindley
Not only did he throw four interceptions on the day, Lindley of course also became a footnote, as cornerback Janoris Jenkins became the first rookie in Rams history to return two interceptions back for touchdowns in the same game.
Combine that with the fact he completed less than 60-percent of his passes and failed to connect with Larry Fitzgerald after the first quarter, and it's safe to say things cannot get much worse for Lindley over the final five weeks of the season.
Nonetheless, it's important when evaluating the 23-year-old to remember that he's less than a year removed from San Diego State, and that rarely are sixth-round selections anything more than projects during their rookie season.
Speaking on the Football Today Podcast, Tucker was asked to address the Cardinals' game Sunday against the New York Jets and wasted little time going after Arizona's rookie quarterback.
"I don't have a ton of faith in Mark Sanchez, but I have less in Ryan Lindley," Tucker said. "Watching that guy play against the Rams, he threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen in the NFL.
"Those interceptions were just awful."
Lindley was not known for his accuracy coming out of college, and that will definitely be a point of emphasis over the final few weeks of the season. With that said, taking shots at a quarterback with 72 career attempts is a bit much.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.