Updated Dec 1, 2012 - 10:22 am
Cardinals players react to NFL tragedy in Kansas City
The player then drove to the Chiefs' practice facility and tragically took his own life.
While new details are still coming to light, several Cardinals players took to social media to chime in on the unfortunate events.
Sad news from KC. Prayers are with thefamilies and teammates involved.— Adam Snyder (@ASnyds68) December 1, 2012
Prayers for the KC Chiefs family..!!— Quentin Groves (@QuentinGroves) December 1, 2012
Since the initial report, CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora has confirmed with the Chiefs organization, that the unnamed player was fourth-year linebacker Jovan Belcher.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.