Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Warner on Lindley: ‘I've liked what I've seen'
After starting the season with John Skelton under center, injuries and a general lack of productivity at the position leaves the Cardinals still searching for answers in Week 13.
The latest gunslinger getting an opportunity is rookie Ryan Lindley.
In his first start last week against the St. Louis Rams, Lindley impressed former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner.
"I‘ve liked what I've seen," Warner said. "I think he has done some really good things. I saw him make some really nice reads and throws down the field."
Warner especially liked what he saw out of the rookie early in Sunday's 31-17 loss.
"I saw some upside," Warner said. "Early on, the drives he put together, the accuracy, the decisions, I thought were really good."
Lindley threw for 312 and completed 59.6 percent of his pass, but he also threw four interceptions.
"I think you saw some rookie things come up as the game got away from the Cardinals a little bit," Warner said. "He started pressing a little bit and made some mistakes in the game."
Despite some rookie mistakes, Warner is confident in the former San Diego State Aztec's potential.
"I have been happy with what I have seen early on knowing that it is just the early part of his career," Warner said. "I think he is going to get better. You see good potential in different aspects of his game."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.