Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Warner on Lindley: ‘I've liked what I've seen'
After starting the season with John Skelton under center, injuries and a general lack of productivity at the position leaves the Cardinals still searching for answers in Week 13.
The latest gunslinger getting an opportunity is rookie Ryan Lindley.
In his first start last week against the St. Louis Rams, Lindley impressed former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner.
"I‘ve liked what I've seen," Warner said. "I think he has done some really good things. I saw him make some really nice reads and throws down the field."
Warner especially liked what he saw out of the rookie early in Sunday's 31-17 loss.
"I saw some upside," Warner said. "Early on, the drives he put together, the accuracy, the decisions, I thought were really good."
Lindley threw for 312 and completed 59.6 percent of his pass, but he also threw four interceptions.
"I think you saw some rookie things come up as the game got away from the Cardinals a little bit," Warner said. "He started pressing a little bit and made some mistakes in the game."
Despite some rookie mistakes, Warner is confident in the former San Diego State Aztec's potential.
"I have been happy with what I have seen early on knowing that it is just the early part of his career," Warner said. "I think he is going to get better. You see good potential in different aspects of his game."
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.