Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'We're desperate for a win'
Despite his experience with such skids, Fitzgerald is desperate for the streak to end, and chose an interesting analogy to sum up the team's feelings.
"You ever been in a pool and struggling for air and how hard you fight to get to the top," Fitzgerald asked. "That's kind of how we all feel right now, we're drowning and we're struggling and fighting to do anything we can to get to the top.
"We're desperate. We're desperate for a win."
If there's a silver lining to the situation the Cardinals are currently facing, it's that they'll take on a 4-7 team Sunday that is in apparent disarray -- the New York Jets.
Despite their recent struggles, Fitzgerald knows the Jets defense still presents a tough challenge.
"They're really good, they're playing good football," Fitzgerald said. "They've got some Pro Bowl talent over there and a really strong linebacker crew that can get after the quarterback.
"It's going to be a tough game against a team that we're not very familiar with, so we've just got to put in the extra time."
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.