Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'We're desperate for a win'
Despite his experience with such skids, Fitzgerald is desperate for the streak to end, and chose an interesting analogy to sum up the team's feelings.
"You ever been in a pool and struggling for air and how hard you fight to get to the top," Fitzgerald asked. "That's kind of how we all feel right now, we're drowning and we're struggling and fighting to do anything we can to get to the top.
"We're desperate. We're desperate for a win."
If there's a silver lining to the situation the Cardinals are currently facing, it's that they'll take on a 4-7 team Sunday that is in apparent disarray -- the New York Jets.
Despite their recent struggles, Fitzgerald knows the Jets defense still presents a tough challenge.
"They're really good, they're playing good football," Fitzgerald said. "They've got some Pro Bowl talent over there and a really strong linebacker crew that can get after the quarterback.
"It's going to be a tough game against a team that we're not very familiar with, so we've just got to put in the extra time."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?